Without a doubt, the key to marketing & advertising is the landing page; at least for the next few years anyway. Why do I know this? Because of the following reasons…
1. Despite facts and proof to the contrary; most Adwords advertisers still send their Ad traffic to their website home page, instead of, a dedicated landing page, that’s been specifically designed to convert their visitors, with ‘relevant content’, and tightly targeted CTA’s (Call To Action), to take the next step, to continue on, and to become a prospect, lead, or a sale!
2. A Landing Page keeps things simple and ‘emotionally reactive’, in order to get your ideal prospect emotionally involved/committed with your offer(s).
3. Landing Pages help a business communicate directly, and on the same level with their client’s specific needs and wants, as the clients perceive them to be. And NOT, what you or the business thinks they are! To use a Landing Page effectively, you must know your clients profiles, needs and wants, dreams and desires, and most importantly, how they feel about your product or service offering. How? By surveys, questionnaires, comments, forums, reviews, of this, or similar products/services!
4. If you are doing any kind of advertising or promotions, and you need to drive those visitors somewhere, ONLY send them to a dedicated landing Page and nowhere else; otherwise, you will lose a majority of them. Why? Because of something called ‘bounce rate’, 40-60% of ALL visitors coming to ANY website will leave in a matter of seconds within their arrival; usually, never to return again. That’s a fact in the industry! So, Landing Pages keep most of the traffic where they land, and do not cause visitors to bounce as much!
5. Landing pages are perfect spots to ‘observe and monitor’ various metrics regarding visitor engagement, and what specifically they look at and click through. For example, Crazy Egg has something they call the Overlay Report, which “identifies each clickable element on your web pages/landing pages as well as the number of % of clicks. So, one can easily zero in on the elements that are driving your visitors away from your intended goal.”
6. One can easily split test any number of landing pages against each other, for the best targeted emotionally responsive headlines, or CTA’s. In this way, you will always be in the know, and be moving forward with your overall stats, and visitor engagement metrics. With a properly set up and designed Landing Page, you will only grow better and bigger!
7. Landing pages simply work and have been working for smart marketers and businesses for years now; and, they are absolutely the most effective in getting click-through rates in the high double digits. Some Adwords can command an almost 80% click-through rate; in other words, 4 out of 5 people that view the specific landing page ad, will take the desired action, and do what is asked of them to do, follow-through, sign-up, call, get the free report, download for more information, get a free quote, etc.
8. Landing Pages, once you know how to use them to effectively communicate with your prospects and future customers, will give you an unfair advantage over your competition. You will begin to grow unstoppably!
Please keep in mind, that if you would like to survive and stay competitive in your niche or business, then you need to realize one thing above all else…”The Key to Marketing & Advertising is the Landing Page1”